Monday, March 18, 2024

Catching up... slowly

Saturday was our semi-annual Green Mountain Quilters Guild board meeting which I had arranged to be at the public library.  Because of being exposed to COVID a few days before, I did wear a mask even though I had no symptoms and tested negative.  I'm still negative, thank goodness.  

We had a great meeting followed by a nice lunch at a restaurant across the street from the library.   It's a really nice group of people who work hard to keep the state guild alive.  The state guild only meets twice a year, so we were planning the May meeting.  

Everyone went home with assignments, and mine was to arrange for an inspiring speaker for the morning program.  I asked one of our most creative members, Chris, via email, and she enthusiastically agreed!  Arranging a speaker isn't always that easy, but I guess I caught her at just the right time.  I think we'll attract quite a few people who have enjoyed her very creative quilts over the years.  Here's her "Hiding My Stash" wallhanging. 

In between errands and meetings, I've been pecking away at the purple Barn Star quilt blocks of the month and have finished all the blocks for February.   I'm making progress!  This block was 24" square, and the following ones are 8".  

My purple box is still bursting at the seams, so I'm happy to proceed with the March blocks this week.  It's going to be a pretty quilt.  This BOM has been organized by Abigail Dolinger whose annual BOMs I almost always follow because her directions are very clear and the pace is perfect for me.  I do sometimes get behind due vacation or whatever, but I generally manage to catch up.

Yesterday, I resolved to finish the purple Wave Scarf I've been knitting for a few months.  I still have the loose ends to weave in but will post a photo in the next few days.  I may save it for my brother in Wisconsin who likes purple because it's regal.  I usually work on knitted things for kids going into foster care, but my next project will be another scarf with an unusual pattern.  These projects keep my hands busy (and sometimes my mind!) when I want to take a break and watch TV during the day.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have some good blocks there - hope you continue to test negative