Sunday, March 24, 2024

Last round robin

 

Due to yesterday's snow (we got about 12"), I made good headway on Renee's round robin, and today I finished.  I was initially dismayed because I don't really like brown, but this turned out pretty nice.  I hope she likes it.  At about 44" square, it could be a big wallhanging.  If she wants to add another border, it will be a nice lap quilt.  It's so big that I couldn't really get a good picture, but I hope this gives some idea of how it looks.  The scrappy Jacob's Ladder blocks I added are 6" finished.

I enjoy doing these round robins because they challenge my creativity.  It's fun to work with someone else's color and style choices, too.  I have never made a blue and brown quilt and probably never will.   

There are quite a few newbies in the guild, and I hope we can persuade some to try joining a round robin next year. Our group this year had six members, two of whom I didn't know, so it has been fun getting acquainted through their fabric.   

No comments: