Sunday, March 31, 2024

Just puttering along

I decided to devote my machine sewing time to Dear Jane this week, so I got right onto Row F.  So far, seven blocks are done, and I forgot that I had already done F-6, so now I have two.  I'll pick the one I like best and put the other one on the back or use it in a mug rug.   

One of the blocks (F-8) had 30 pieces - for a 4.5" block!  It's paper pieced which means I used about twice the fabric a pieced block would take.  This photo is from the website HobbyStash where one can find paper piecing patterns for most of the blocks.  Mine is a bright teal green on a black and white background.

There are three more blocks to go, one of which is hand appliqued.  It feels odd to be doing fusible applique on some of the blocks, but that is really more accurate this time around.   F-13 has fairly large pieces that I can handle.  I'll post a photo of the whole role when done.

I also started cutting out sashing this week.  I have several yards of charcoal grunge for this quilt and will put a few of the rows together now.  I want to machine quilt it myself in sections when my Elna returns (I'm hoping it can be repaired - it is frozen at the moment and seems hopeless.).  Meanwhile, the new Brother is working fine, especially with paper piecing.  

Today being Easter, we have plans to meet Chris and a friend at the Asian Gourmet for lunch.  We started doing this last Easter and really enjoyed ourselves.  It's a new tradition but fun.   This morning we'll go around town and hang posters for the April library booksale.  I drive while Paul posts.  Happy Easter!

No comments: