Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Around the World swap blocks

I've received several blocks in the Around the World block swap I'm in this year.  I sent fabric to 20 people from Florida to London to Australia and places in between, and they will be making blocks that mean something to them with my fabric.  In turn, I'm making Dutchwoman's Puzzle blocks with fabric they send me.  Here are some from Tricia(UK), Pam(FL), and Debbie (AZ).

Debbie's block is called "Signs to Arizona" because she recently moved there.  I had sent Debbie and another person the fabric I plan to use in the border.  Her block is so pretty that I think I'll make a couple more blocks using it.

Pamela's block is called "Dutch Nine Patch," because she loves all things Dutch (of course!) and she lived there for nine years some time ago.  I love the bright blue she used and the way she fussy cut the butterflies.
Tricia, an architect and wine judge, made a block called "Flying Rectangles."  It's going to "play" well with the other blocks to make a lovely quilt!

No comments: