Saturday, May 11, 2013

Lori's Log Cabin

A former neighbor is extremely ill.  Although she is scheduled for surgery Friday, she has taken a turn for the worse.  We lived next door to her for nine years and, since we moved, have kept in touch through the community gardens.  She is really the hardest worker of the group, and even moved some rhubarb from my old house to the gardens, just for me.  My plot is next to Lori's this year, so I will be keeping an eye on it as she is recouperating.  Meanwhile, some of the garden folks are getting a gift basket together, and this was my contribution.


I used fabrics from one of the monhly "Strip Clubs" at A Quilter's Garden along with leftovers from a "Bali Pop" and some stash items to make it a good-sized throw.  It has been hanging in the closet waiting to be quilted for a month or so, just waiting for the right occasion to come along.  I had quite a large piece of "Thimbleberries" purple to put on the back, and quilted it quickly over the last few days.  I don't think I've ever quilted a quilt so fast, but I'm happy with the way it turned out and to have a way to contribute that I know she will like.  Lori's recent decline has me really worried, so I am glad I have quilting to put my nervous energy into.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet your friend will really like that quilt - I hope she gets well. So nice to have a community garden! Do you all have your own sections that you take care that is just for you?