Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Round 2 of the round robin

I spent a couple of days making "Broken Dishes" for the 5" border of the round robin that was waiting for me after vacation.  I like the way it looks but will hang onto it for a while until the person after me has a chance to catch her breath.   The owner of the center (before the thin green strip) had included some charms, so I added variegated blue and yellows along with that solid olive green.  Can't wait to see what the next people do.


I know I am compulsive and tend to "empty my in-basket" quickly.  It comes from my work life.  My former boss, the State Librarian, emptied her in-basket well before noon each day, and most of it seemed to land in my box.  If I didn't keep up, I would have drowned in paper, and no bureaucrat likes that!  Still, I have plenty of UFOs to keep me busy. 

My next project will be quilting the purple and green log cabin I made a month or so ago.  My former next door neighbor is having surgery next week, and this seems the perfect comfort gift - very feminine and floral for a gardening buddy.  Hope I can get it done by the time she gets home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you did with this! What a super idea to include charms.

Pat from Florida said...

Hey, I'm not 'unknown'! That was me, Pat.