Saturday, March 22, 2014

Nothing to show!

But I've been very busy.  There was a possibility of having an overnight guest last Tuesday night, so I cleaned up the guest/sewing room to a farethewell.  She decided to drive on home, so I had a pristine room to mess up - and I did!  I got out all my works-in-progress to see what needed to be done.  I piled them on the guest bed - so now the room is back to "normal" - organized chaos.

I have been quilting my red and cream round robin throw for a week and needed a break.  I had a couple of blocks set aside for a table runner, so I finished that yesterday.  Then I made the last blocks for the Around the World swap - they are ready to mail once I get some stamps.  I haven't received all of mine yet, but they aren't due until August.  In the meantime, I hope to make a few more to make a fairly substantial quilt.  I also made two 2" sawtoothed star blocks to applique to the guild challenge wallhanging.  They turned out pretty good, thanks to my prior training with Dear Jane's Papa's Star block. 

I finished making 19 red and white 9" nine patches for another swap.  Since I'm the hostess, they will sit and wait until the end of April when I hope all the other packages arrive.  I am planning to set them very simply with a red and white print in between the blocks, so I cut those blocks out and set them aside.

Today I got back to quilting after a quick trip to the LQS for thread.  I have two small quilts in the closet along with 3 table runners and 8 placemats to quilt.  The latter will go fast, so I'm hoping I can get to them in the coming week.  Did I mention that it has snowed every day this week??  No real sign of spring, so I might as well quilt.  :-)

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow snow every day - almost April surely it will end soon? one can hope - I hope so for you :)