Sunday, February 25, 2018

Another snow day

We have a winter weather advisory today, so it's a good thing I planned to stay home.   So far it has snowed a little but now it sounds like ice with wind for good measure.  The birds have been very active at the feeders; yesterday I saw a flock of about 30 pine siskins - the most I've seen so far.  There's a pair of cardinals hanging around also; they are fun to see.  And my amaryllis is slowly beginning to bloom!

I finished quilting the gray quilt yesterday and even got the binding and label on.  Will take a photo whenever the sun appears, and I'll set it aside to mail out to Los Angeles in May. 

I also sandwiched a small wallhanging I appliqued in wool using a Kim Diehl pattern.   I'll see how hand quilting goes, and if it's too difficult I'll revert back to the machine.  The fabric on the back is a little stiff, but it might be a great project to take along on vacation next month ("Next month" is almost here - hallelujah!  February seems so long.).

This morning, while the bread machine is busy doing its thing, I'm making 12" Ohio Star blocks.  One is to even out the guild block robin quilt in oranges, yellows, and black/whites.  Then I'm working on the first set of seven for the guild block swap, and these are in leftover oranges from the square robin with cream backgrounds.  I'm not sure what fabrics I'll add to the cream for the rest.  They're due in May so if I get tired, I'll set them aside and work on something else for a while.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I haven't used a bread machine in years, it takes up so much room on the counter top and have no room in the cupboards for it. If I make bread to much hubby tends to want to eat the whole loaf in one day and then wonders why he gains the weight. Now I make a load now and then and promptly freeze half of it so he can't get it. Hope you do not end up with too much snow or ice