Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

Are you and your sweetheart doing anything special today?

We are going to yoga as usual and I'll cook a "special" dinner tonight - Paul selected meatloaf from the choices I gave him.  In winter, it's a little iffy to go out.  In the past, our friends Pauline and Bob would often come from NY state and stay at our B&B around this time and we'd all celebrate together.  But now they have retired to VT, so we get together more often.   In fact, they're coming to the library winter banquet and auction March 3.

Paul gave me some truffles and I gave him some All Sorts this morning.  Neither of us "needs" candy, but we have sweet teeth that must be fed.  We also have concert tickets to see "Hot Rize" at the Opera House on Friday night, which is sure to be special.  One of my favorite performers, Tim O'Brien, is part of that group.

The quilt you see was made of swap blocks last year along with a mini-charm pack and some additional squares.  I gave it to an old friend from high school who goes for dialysis every week.  Her efforts have kept our huge high school class (618 graduates) together over 50 years.  

I am especially grateful for my family today, remembering my Tante Jen who passed away some years ago on this day.

No comments: