Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The string scrappy quilt

It was in the 60s today and sunny - amazing!  After yoga, I walked to the car without a jacket and with only a tshirt.  It felt marvelous, and a lot of ice and snow melted over the last few days.  Paul broke up ice near our mailboxes so we don't have to slip and slide our way there.  It will be continuing to cool off tonight and be back in the 30s tomorrow, just as we expect.  Spring is slow coming to Vermont, and often takes a roller coaster ride to get here.

Because it was sunny recently, we took some quilt pictures, including this one.  I posted a photo of the work in progress, but it's been finished for quite a while.
You may not be able to see the quilting, done with curves and my walking foot.  I like the way it turned out.  Two sides are randomly pieced blocks and two sides are made with selvages, for the ultimate in scrappy quilts.  I have accumulated quite a few "strings" since I made this so I guess it's time to make a few more blocks.  Maybe on the next snowy day - and there will be some!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

crazy!! 40 degrees here and a very cold wet rainy front stubbornly creeping it's way out of here, 7 inches of rain since Friday and more by tomorrow night - enjoy your warm days while you can and hope this front isn't heading your way