Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Round Three

I have been appliqueing little melons all month for the Virtual Round Robin.  Melon shapes were the assignment for July, and I wish I had decided to make vines with leaves instead of multiple melon shapes!  But they are done now and attached to the quilt, thank goodness.  I love blue and white quilts and look forward to the succeeding rounds, whatever they'll be.  I have mixed in a few lighter dark blues to give the quilt some sparkle.  The quilt is now 38.5" x 38.5".
When I quilt this, I hope to quilt in a few extra melons in the plainer pieces.  It's now too big to get all in one photo, but I  plan several more rounds before I feel it's finished.  There are just 10 days left in the month, and then I'll be working on the August round.  Let's hope it takes less time.

No comments: