Thursday, November 5, 2020

Blocks of the month

 Yesterday was a day to knuckle down and get some blocks of the month for November out of the way.  I want to get busy quilting a little scrap quilt before I start Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek Mystery at the end of the month.  

First up were the Sisters blocks for November.  I'm using blue scraps and various cream fabrics for these blocks,  There's a 12" and a 6" block which are similar each month, and now there is just one month to go before it will be time to put them all together.  I have a nice cream fabric with blue writing for setting the blocks.


Then I made some Rainbow Scrappy Challenge blocks.  This month's "assignment" was to use lighter neutrals or miscellaneous fabrics, but I couldn't help making one of a darker fabric (December's assignment).  I used scraps from a box I have marked "Wild Patterns," because everything in the box is multi-colored.  These are three of my favorite fabrics.   It's nice to put them together in a quilt.

For my RSC 20-21, I'm using gray scraps for the backgrounds and making some "Pop Star" blocks each month.  I'm making little blocks to tuck in here and there out of the little triangles I cut off while making the star blocks.

I keep knitting on the sampler scarf and enjoying the process while watching TV now and then.  I found a website that offers instructions for easy knitting stitches that I am using so much that I went ahead and ordered the book.  As usual, I have no one to give this scarf to, so it will go to the Salvation Army when done.  That's OK with me.  A former neighbor used to make them hundreds of mittens each year and became known as The Mitten Lady.  I don't think that will happen to me - two or three scarves a year will most likely be my output.  I do have another Lion brand Cupcake in greens and blues that will probably be used for a shawl soon.


1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love your polka dot stars! BOM's and the RSC are a great way to build a quilt or two slowly over time.