Sunday, November 8, 2020

Knitting up a storm

I'm glad to have the election resolved to my liking.  No more looking at retirement communities in New Brunswick or wondering if I should get my Dutch citizenship back (it was relinquished when I became a US citizen at age 9).  I realize the days and months ahead will probably be tense, but I hope, with calmer leadership, it will all turn out OK in the end.   All Paul's and my time spent holding signs at downtown honk 'n' waves has been worth it.

I made two Christmas mug rugs yesterday, but mostly I spent my time knitting and checking in with the TV during the day and evening. I'm almost finished knitting the orange/yellow scarf because I'm almost at the end of the yarn.  Next will be something made from a blue/green "cupcake" I got at the same time.  I'm thinking about a shawl and have a pattern, but will I be able to stand working on circular needles?  We'll see!  

I also downloaded a pattern to make a heart and a star.  I'll give each a try and see if I like them enough to make some ornaments for the twig tree I have sitting in a sap bucket in the driveway.  Our birch tree out front sheds big branches regularly, and as I've picked them up, I stuck the larger ones into the bucket.  I might buy some plastic icicles at the dollar store to hang on it for the holidays.  Last year's bittersweet didn't stay intact long, so I won't go and collect any this year.  My red outdoor bow is still in good shape.  I hate to rush the holidays, but I'm trying not to eat between meals.  This is keeping my hands busy.  😉


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a great day it was!! my daughters and I were talking of Canada too! so glad it went this way - now for the country to unite and I hope it does - the hatred must end so many of us are so sick of it.