Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving

 Good morning!  Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.   We had a quiet day with a nice meal, some TV (a bit of the Macy's parade and the National Dog Show), and one walk around the neighborhood.  Today I hope we'll get out for our usual three turns around the neighborhood because I feel the need to walk off a little of what we ate.  I got out a favorite table runner yesterday, made of fragments from a Civil War "layer cake."

My Pilgrim candles remind me of the candles my Dad used to buy me when I was small.  I don't plan to burn them because I remember being so upset at losing their heads way back then!  I'll carefully put them back in the box for next year.  Today I hope to meet up with Samantha to exchange some leftover turkey for a big squash, one of three in the garage.  Maybe I'll work on one of them this weekend.  Today I'll be using leftover squash and mashed potatoes to make a lighter soup for dinner with some cornbread.  

The apple kuchen I made using Burton's recipe turned out really good and not too heavy.  I sent Chris home with some, and we still have plenty for a few more meals.  It would be really good with a dollop of ice cream but plain was good, too.  I love anything with almond flavoring.


I just printed out the first clue of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, so that's what I'll be dipping into today.  Should be fun!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you making the mystery? I'm downloading the clues so I will have them - which reminds me I need to delete the last couple years of clues off of the computer as I didn't make them and have no plans to do so. I ate too much too - got in my steps but still ate too much and will need to watch that the next couple days and get back on track.