Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Making progress on many fronts

All of our Christmas packages have been mailed, the library staff's gifts have been delivered, and get-out-the-vote postcards to Georgia have been written and are ready to mail.  Now I can start doing a little more holiday prep, including wrapping the gifts for local friends, Paul, and Chris and decorating a little bit.  I did hang the old patchwork wreath on the door.  It looks awfully tatty close up but fine from the street!   I like to Christmas-ize a little at a time to stretch the season out.

Yesterday evening, I posted the guild's block of the month November lottery winner and December block.  We're making snowball blocks in blues this time.  These 6" blocks are pretty easy and one person has already informed me that she's made one.  I made three in this size for my Dear Jen quilt (a Jen Kingwell sampler I plan to start in the new year).

I also sewed four 3" snowballs together for the optional 6" block for the guild lottery,  People in the guild seem to enjoy the lottery aspect of this block of the month, with 15 or so mailing their blocks to the winner each month.   This has been a fun project for me during this more isolated time, too.

This week's Bonnie Hunter mystery clue is also done after a weekend of steady sewing.  I, of course, printed the clue out in black and white to save colored printer ink and, as a result, misread the clue and used the wrong color.   Because I didn't like Bonnie's green-orange-red-gold scheme, I chose green-medium blue-purple-pink.  I should have made my half-square triangles out of pinks, but they are purple so I will shuffle what I had planned.  I always figure I can dig deeper into my stash to finish the clues if I need to anyway.  And I can make a quick run to the quilt shop as a last resort.

My sewing room has been a busy place for me over the last few days because I also made some Christmas Cobblestone blocks for a swap with an online group.  I'll be sending two blocks to each of nine people in the U.S., Australia, Canada, and England soon.  On tap for today:  starting on Christmas cards, taking some stuff to the Salvation Army, vacuuming, and a little more knitting on a shawl which has grown off of two needles and onto circular ones.  Hope it's not as gloomy as the last few days have been.  I'd love to squeeze in a few walks, too.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well it sounds like you have a ton of stuff to keep you busy!! almost all your Xmas stuff done already! way to go