Saturday, December 12, 2020

Another sale!

This is the year of mail order, I guess, and I've been doing quite a bit of it myself.  My etsy shop has been busier than ever, too.  This summer I sold a blue and gray Civil War sampler quilt that had been on there for several years, and before Thanksgiving my Ohio Star sampler sold.  

The buyer of the Ohio Star quilt wondered if she could return it if it didn't fit her bed.   I labored over a response, hoping to sound encouraging and not negative.  I have been worrying ever since I mailed it, but so far, it has not returned to me.  I especially love the scrappy green border on that quilt which includes blocks from a swap in my local guild.    

Earlier this week, I received an inquiry about my Modern Ohio Star challenge wall hanging.  The person wanted to know if  I could make one just like it, only "a little" bigger.  It is 21" x 26", and she wanted it to be 36" x 48", not even the same proportion.  The inquiry caused another diplomatic dilemma for me as I absolutely had to decline.  I used "Quilters Linen" for the navy blue and know that my local shop no longer has any because I liked it so much that I tried to get more for another quilt.   

Luckily, someone else likes it just the size it is, and I mailed it to someone in Colorado a couple of days later.   I hope it arrives there before Christmas.  Everything seems to be taking longer to mail these days.  I really liked this little quilt which was a guild challenge to "modernize" a traditional block.  The back has one large, strippy Ohio Star, making it reversible.  It's so gratifying when something sells!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the women should have just asked you for the measurements of the quilt so she could check the size of the bed she wanted to use - that is too much mailing back and forth if she decided she didn't want it after trying it out! Good luck on your continues sales - I was selling for awhile but then decided I just did not want to deal with that and just make for fun.