Thursday, December 17, 2020

Sisters top finished. goals for 2021

 I am enjoying this year's Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt project because, so far, I am able to finish each clue with a few days to spare before the next one.  That's left time for some other quilting projects, knitting, cooking, going to the dentist (broke a tooth but now it's fixed), etc.  

I was able to put together all of the blocks for Aby Dolinger's Sisters quilt along, which involved blocks of the month, one 12" and one 6" in similar designs.  I used a variety of cream backgrounds and scrappy blues for the blocks, and then I added a nice printed cream for the open spaces, sashing, and borders.  It's 60" x 64" and will be quilted in early 2021 (I hope) on my trust Elna.

I seem to have made quite a few blue scrappy quilts this year and still have plenty of blues to piece a back, which is something I'll work on in between mystery clues.  

In 2021, I plan to work on Jen Kingwell's Dear Jen (incorporating some guild blocks of the month) and make a quilt out of some old hankies with some Jane Austen fabric I've been hoarding.  One of the fabrics is called "Marianne" so you can imagine that I had to buy that!  I am also gathering Christmas Cobblestone blocks from a swap with my online group so that's in the queue, and of course I'm working on another Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt.  No doubt a few more projects will be added to this list along the way.

It's a long winter here in Vermont, and even if we get COVID vaccines, we'll be stuck inside a lot of the time.   Quilting is the perfect way to keep busy - and sane!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think the same here - 2021 will be a long wait at home too until it is safe to start traveling again and going about daily business, I think the masks will be with us for awhile