Friday, December 11, 2020

December "Sisters" block

This is the last month for the "Sisters" block of the month quilt along, created by Aby Dolinger.  I've enjoyed making the blocks out of mostly blue scraps.  Each month, there have been instructions for two similar blocks, one 12" and the other 6".   I have some nice cream fabric for spacers, borders, binding, and any sashing I might want to add.   The finished size will be about 71" x 78".  I may quilt it in sections.

At the beginning of each year, I say I'm not going to do any more blocks of the month.  Then as the year goes on, I miss having one to work on.  We'll see how the year goes.   I am organizing the guild block of the month so try to work ahead on instructions every month.  I will still be doing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each month, and I have been making nine patch blocks out of scrappy 2.5" squares to use, somehow.  I also have  few other half-finished projects in boxes waiting for attention, as well as some knitting to work on this winter.

Today is Friday, so another clue for Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek Mystery was posted.  I got right to work, cutting and then sewing a few of the segments.  I like this week's results because I'm working with one of my favorite color combinations - kelly green and soft pink.  She confirmed today that we won't be using any more gold.  I had substituted purple for that color because gold is not a favorite and I don't have much of it.  This is a help since I've been working on log cabining my "Anything Goes" swap blocks in purple and don't want to run out.  Ha!  As if!

No comments: