Monday, December 28, 2020

For 2021: Declutter

I've read a few blogs that suggest choosing a watch word for 2021, sort of a theme for living.  I've been thinking about mine, and it is definitely declutter.  Or should I say unclutter?  I spent a little time last winter going through basement closets, shredding old documents, and doing a little organizing.  I need to finish that and once it is safe to do so, give things to the ReStore, the Salvation Army, etc.  These items have now become clutter even though I intended for them to leave the house.  And there is more to do to add some air to our house.  

I love our house, but we do hope to move in the next year or so to one with a bedroom and bath on the first floor.  I want to make sure moving isn't as much agony as it was the last time, when we moved from a giant Victorian to a three bedroom condo.  The upcoming winter months will be a good time for decluttering.

My sewing room is pretty much under  control, and my goals for this year include working on several quilts:  
  - Grassy Creek Mystery - Bonnie Hunter's, going on now
  - RSC2021 - actually two projects - MSQC's Pop Stars and 6" pineapple blocks
  - Anything Goes swap blocks - all made but need to put together
  - Christmas Cobblestones swap blocks - waiting for blocks to arrive and need to make some more
  - Dear Jen by Jen Kingwell, incorporating some guild blocks of the month along with pattern blocks
  - Barbara Brackman Civil War block of the month using Jane at Home fabric
  - Hanky quilt
  - "Sisters" quilt - needs quilting

I've also been gathering things to start a crazy quilt for months now, but I'll wait to start when the Calico County Quilters group can meet again.  Bronwyn was to lead us through that process.  I do miss getting together with those ladies!  We usually work on our own projects while talking about quilting, life, and more.

As for knitting, I am working on a lavender scarf for Jenny who gave me the yarn for Christmas.  I just finished the little shawl I made, and I have some pretty variegated yarn waiting in the wings for a hat and mittens for me.  I feel no need to hurry knitting projects along as it's basically a relaxation activity.

Today I'll run down to the store for milk, finish up this week's mystery quilt clue, AND do a little decluttering in the living room which still has Christmas presents and candy stacked up here and there.  Maybe I'll sew the last side of a binding down, too.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always good to think ahead to a ground floor bedroom and bath - good luck when you start to look