Saturday, November 21, 2020

Heading to California!

 

I woke up early this morning, which seems to be my pattern lately, to find that another quilt had sold on my etsy shop.  What a great surprise!  I love this cheerful, fresh-looking quilt with blocks from a swap and a border adapted from a pattern by Deb Tucker.  The grass green fabric makes it especially bright.

I took this picture by hanging the quilt over the railing of my neighbor's deck.  She went to Florida from October to April, so on good days, I would use that spot to take pictures of quilts that are too big for Paul to hold up by himself.  That neighbor passed away last year and new people have moved in, but they won't mind if I use their deck now and then.   In fact, Dave will probably help Paul hold it up if I ask.  During this COVID crisis, we have become closer as we check in most days in our driveways or the backyard.

Paul and I went to the post office to mail the first of our holiday packages - four to the Netherlands and one to Wisconsin - yesterday.  I wasn't planning on going there again today, but guess I will now.  It is fun and gratifying to have something sell, but also a little bittersweet to see one of my projects leave the safety of my home.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is nice to have a quilt sale isn't it!