Sunday, November 1, 2020

Some other projects

About a month ago, I finished the brown cardigan I had been knitting since January, but I really don't like the way it ended up.  The zipper I put in is too light and I can't find one the right color.  So it sits, waiting for me to remove the zipper and add buttons or something else.  As my mom used to say, "it's fine for around the house."  

I do like to have something to knit while I watch TV, so I made a gray scarf with leftover yarn and then a gray hat for Paul.  Both aren't photogenic, but my current project is.  I was roaming around Joann Fabrics one day and spotted some multicolored yarn on sale.  I decided to make a sampler scarf with different stitch patterns, and it's coming along fairly well now.  I also have a blue/green "cupcake" of yarn to make a shawl next.  

The current scarf and the last two I've knitted will go in my giveaway pile.  I already own four winter scarves, including two I knit, one that was a gift, and another I sewed of old cashmere sweaters.

Yesterday I made up a bunch of chapstick keychains.  These make great stocking stuffers and will also mail well.  It took me an hour to make 8 of them.  They only require a 3.5" x 9" strip of fabric, a keychain ring, and a chapstick.  It took me a while to perfect the "pattern" which I first saw online.

Today's project:  plaid flannel pillowcases for friends of Chris.   They seem to have adopted us into their family, so I have added them to my holiday list which I really need to get out and review soon.   

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wasn't happy with my sweater that I made and it will be "fine for around the house" as well - I need to get it back out of the closet now and put it near the door and I will have a sweater to grab when I walk quickly to the mail box in the mornings when I don't need a jacket I like the color of yarn you know show