Saturday, October 31, 2020

Photos at last

 We finally had a sunny day!  Never mind the fact that it was 16 degrees this morning.  We had to wait for a very heavy coating of frost to melt before we could go out and take these pictures.

Here is the trellis quilt I made out of 5" charms received in a swap with other squares from my stash.  

I quilted it on a grid which was very easy.  The borders were quilted with wavy lines.

I had been fretting about quilting the medallion quilt I've been working on most of the year.  It was a virtual round robin that I organized with an online group.  Each month, we'd have an assignment (e.g., squares, triangles, etc.).  

After the last border, I decided it was big enough, so I added some plain borders and then pondered how to quilt it.  Measuring 79" x 79" by now, it would be a lot to do on my home machine, even though I've found that medallions are easier for me to quilt than sashed blocks.   I do want to hand quilt the center which is sashiko embroidery, but my longarm friend Marie says she can work around that.  

It really requires two people to hold it, but Paul did manage to hang on to half for this photo.  You'll see the whole thing when it's finished.  The binding has been cut and sewn already and is in a bag for whenever it comes home from Marie's.   I told her there is no hurry, but she is very speedy so I'll probably see it back here soon.

We also took some photos of a little quilt I made for someone for Christmas, but I will wait to show it after it's been opened, just in case s/he sees this blog!



1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

16 degrees!! and I thought 39 was old this morning