Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A bunch of blocks

An organizer of one of my quilt guilds - the Heart of Vermont guild - who worked at my local quilt shop is moving over the river into New Hampshire.  We will all miss Paula's cheerful encouragement, good ideas, and sense of humor, so we're making 9" friendship star blocks for her to remember us by.  We like sending her a UFO!  

I appliqued the guild logo block to go with the star blocks.  My hands won't allow me to do much fine applique these days so I embroidered the heart in the mountains instead.  I see that red heart doesn't show up very well - sorry!  My blocks for Paula are ready to go once we figure out her new address.

My online group has been swapping 6" blocks this year in the color of each recipient's choice.  I chose purples and so far have received about 25 blocks.  Some of the members of the swap have had personal troubles or problems mailing, so they are dribbling in a bit.  But most have arrived so I can start sashing in a log cabin fashion with purples and creams to make each block 12".  I'm even making some crumb blocks to fill in the centers.  I'll see how it looks and may make a few more 6" center blocks if I want it bigger.   This is my annual purple quilt - it's my favorite color.

It rained steadily all day yesterday so I wasn't able to take a picture of the red trellis quilt I finished Sunday.  Maybe we'll be able to today.

No comments: