Saturday, October 17, 2020

Pretty, but ominous

 

It's already blooming!  Is this the first sign of winter?  I love this Christmas cactus.  It was my neighbor's, and I admired it when I watched her house and plants every winter when she went to Florida.  After she passed away, her kids gave it to me.  It bloomed for many months last year but didn't start this early.  I have two other Christmas cacti, one pink and one orangey.  They bloom at different times, with one sometimes blooming at Thanksgiving and other years at Easter.  This morning, a former co-worker reported snow at her house just 3 miles or so from us, but luckily we only had rain.  Guess I'd better get out and plant those daffodils ASAP.  Guess winter is breathing down our necks.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful plant - the weather forecast has been saying warmer and dryer than normal for us this winter - the warmer I don't mind but dryer might lead us to a drought - we usually get a bit of rain in the winter and it has already been less moisture this fall then usual - I'm digging up one flower bed to turn it all over into bulbs this coming spring - I have the bulbs - hope you don't get snow too early