Saturday, October 31, 2020

Back at it

I lost my sew-jo for a few days, which is OK.   I don't have a deadline for anything.  I spent that time reading and knitting mostly, and even washed a few windows.  But yesterday I pieced a back for the little blue scrap quilt top I made last weekend, and I hope to sandwich it soon.   I cut out several pieces to make chapstick keychains - they just take a 3 1/2" x 9" strip of fabric and a key chain ring - and I messed around with interfacing.  To use it or not?  It makes a more useful item, so I will fiddle around with placement today.  Slipping the ring on is the hardest part for me as I pry the end apart with my fingernail.

I have two Dutch nieces and their husbands that I like to send little Christmas gifts to.  One loves Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and I just happened to find ornaments at Walmart for her that I can easily mail with my Christmas letter.  But I can't send something to one without the other, so I'll send the keychains to the other niece and her husband who loves motorcycle racing.  She'll get a floral one while he'll get one that looks like tire tracks.

That leaves a few others to tuck into packages and Christmas stockings.   Other than that, I have to finish sewing down a hanging sleeve on a little quilt I made out of a panel for my friend in California.  It has been so gloomy lately that I haven't taken any pictures at all, either inside or outside.  Today it's supposed to be sunny so I hope to rectify the situation.

Gloomy days are good days for baking, and yesterday I made some apple donuts.  We delivered 8 to neighbors, including two men who had recently come home from extended hospital/rehab stays.  That left us with 4 which we enjoyed.  A perfect distribution of "wealth!"  Alas, they were gone before I could get a photo but rest assured, they were delicious.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is good to share your doughnuts then you aren't eating them all - last time I made chocolate chip cookies I made a half dozen and then froze the dough in walnut size pieces and then I can just take out what I need each time so there aren't too many out at one time.