Saturday, October 3, 2020

"Sisters" quilt along

Hope you are all enjoying this nice fall weekend.  We had a rainy day yesterday, and it's a bit gloomy today, but the colored leaves look fabulous against the gray sky.  

This is what I get for not printing the directions out.  I missed two small colored triangles across from the long sides of the big ones, and I also put the smaller set of triangles in an opposite direction.  This month's 12" and 6" blocks in the quilt along are "Old Maid's Puzzle."  My blocks remind me of butterflies and I'm not going to re-do them.  I actually kind of like them the way they are, and I sure like using up more blue scraps.  I have quite a few.

Today's project was making some Rainbow Scrappy Challenge blocks.  This month's color is yellow and I found some nice scraps for my two blocks.  I always cut the corners off when making the flying geese so have been making little bonus blocks with those.  This month's little blocks are 2.5" Broken Dishes, which is also the guild block of the month.

I'm reading Robert Galbraith's latest book, Troubled Blood, #5 in the Cormoran Strike series by the pseudonymous J. K. Rowling.  She can really put a complicated story together.  This book is nearly 1,000 pages and has been quite controversial.   Apparently transgendered people are up in arms about her portrayal of a male murderer who dresses as a woman to entice his prey.   But, so far, I'm really liking it as usual.  

That's what I'll be doing this afternoon before we go to the Grange Hall to pick up some items I "won" in an online auction (hankies and notecards).  I gave them a scrappy baby quilt for the auction, and it sold for $175!  After that, we'll head down to Sarducci's for dinner under a tent with a new heater with Pauline and Bob, old librarian friends.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty blocks - we were out walking today - so pretty - short sleeve shirt weather as the light sweatshirt jacket I had along was too hot after only 10 minutes I wish I had left it behind so I didn't have to carry it