Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Knitting

 

Here's the hat I finished a few days ago.  It's a very simple pattern with variegated thread.  It fits fine, but I am not really a "hat person."  Just hope it keeps me warmer on walks this winter.  And how does one take a flattering selfie?  I just can't seem to do it.  Sigh.

I'm now knitting a scarf out of the same yarn, using a basket weave stitch (K5, P5; opposite on wrong side; switch after 6 rows).  The darker yarn is hard to see on gloomy days and after dark, but I try to do a few inches a day.  Since you're supposed to make scarves as long as the person is tall, it should take me most of the month to finish!

I have tried a variety of more difficult patterns and projects, but I really find knitting to be a meditative process rather than anything else.  An easy project on straight needles like a scarf is fine for me these days.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I never can take a good selfie so I rarely even try anymore! The hat looks good, I rarely wear a hat - I try to in the summer but can hardly ever find a flattering one that fits my small crown! All the normal sizes sit down on my ears and the largest child sizes look well - childish!