Friday, February 12, 2021

Tulips!

 Late last fall, my neighbor brought over some tulip bulbs that she didn't have room for.  I had spent some time planting bulbs a few weeks earlier and it was cold, so I set them aside until I felt more like planting.  That never came, of course, and the bulbs stayed out in the garage.  I realized in December that I could actually force them since the garage is as cold or colder than a refrigerator!   

They are starting to bloom now, and it is so nice to see a sign of spring, even though it's a long way off for us here in central Vermont.  Today three are blooming, all red, in a blue and white pot I got at a garage sale.   It's not Dutch, but still I feel we have a touch of Keukenhof right here.

I have been spending my days trying not to strain my back and neck.  I overdid some quilting earlier in the week, I think.  Today I think I can get back to it if I take breaks regularly.  Instead of quilting, I've been shredding more boxes of old records, including B&B guest receipts.  The end is in sight, thank goodness.  We have a lot more room in the basement than we used to have, and it looks more organized, too.  I am procrastinating, though, on my taxes.  Will put nose to the grindstone soon... ugh!



1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

Tulips! What a beautiful addition of happiness this time of year.