Sunday, February 28, 2021

A rainy day

 Yesterday's snow flurries turned to rain, so we stayed indoors and didn't even open the garage door until noon.  We rarely use the front door and always exit/enter through the garage, so it is usually open all day long.  It's a good thing I opened the garage door after lunch, though, because my order from Hancock's arrived with fabric for my Hannah's Journey quilt.  I'll be starting those blocks of the month in mid-March.

Meanwhile, I finished knitting and sewing together these very basic mitts.  They look fine on, but like weird tubes off!

I also finished my long-standing shredding project, eliminating many boxes containing old guest receipts from our B&B and records from Paul's late mother's estate.  It felt good to get the last box out for recycling along with the shreds.  

The hankie quilt got its last border attached and was sandwiched, too.  It's about 38" square and shouldn't take long to quilt.  The hankies belonged to Marj and Karen, so I will offer the wall quilt to their favorite charity, the Old Labor Hall, for fundraising when done.  Marj passed away last summer and is sorely missed.

In a flurry of productivity, I started a Gansey-style scarf, too, using some soft cotton/modal yarn.  While I'm not a great one for following a pattern row-by-row, I do enjoy an easy change in design and just discovered Gansey knitting which seems perfect for me.  Maybe it will help me learn to use charts for quick reference, too.  My row counter is getting a work out.  The pink seems a lot brighter than the online photo, but it's growing on me.  

Tomorrow will be March and, with warmer daytime temperatures, sugaring season is beginning.   This week we'll get our first COVID vaccinations.  Vermont is waking up in many ways.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are getting our first shots this week too on the 4th -so glad to get them and glad you are too. I like that pink color knitting you are doing and will look up the name of it that your said you liked - I haven't been following charts well.