Friday, April 7, 2023

Arboretum

I am really on a roll these days, getting right into the sewing room as soon as I can in the morning.   Yesterday, I started putting together some blocks I received in a swap along with some I had made myself.  I moved those blocks around and around until I finally had them the way I think I wanted them.  This pattern, Arboretum, was designed by Spring Leaf Studios.  The blocks are easy and improvisational which made them fun to make.  The designer used Kaffe Fasset fabrics, but most of mine are made of batiks.

   Sewing the blocks together was fairly easy, and by afternoon, I had the middle all put together.  This morning, I put on a 3" border, took a picture, and hung the top up in the closet with two other quilt tops that need quilting and backs (my least favorite job).   The $64,000 question is, when will I get around to quilting it?   Who knows!?!  

I got out another batch of blocks this morning, some purple floating stars on white backgrounds that I won in a guild raffle.  I laid them out, using 20 of the 21 blocks, cut some sashing and cornerstones, and started putting them together.  Because the guild has a few beginners, the blocks are a bit disparate in size.  Some needed coping strips to fit in.  Luckily, I have plenty of white for those.

I did find some lovely purple on white sashing fabric by Victoria Findlay Wolfe in my stash which I must have bought this past summer during my birthday "spree" at the local quilt shop.   I always stock up because we get half our age as a discount.  The older I get, the better!  

I'm going to sit down and read for a while this afternoon.  I've been entirely too industrious this week, and Jacqueline Winspear's latest book is calling.  Hope you have a great Easter if you celebrate.  We don't usually do much special but I do usually make a nice lunch for Paul, Chris and me.  This time, I thought we'd go out for Chinese which should be fun.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

one benefit of age is the discount! pretty quilt :)