Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Show n tell

During the "Luminarium" I attended a few years ago, Ricky Tims, with his Texas drawl, said that he called one of his quilts "Chantel" because someone who attended his classes way back when thought that was what he was saying when he said "show and tell."  I always think of that when we have show and tell at guild meetings.  Anyway, at last week's guild meeting, I showed two quilts.  

First was the finished Pineapple quilt.  It took 2 years and vaguely followed the Rainbow Scrap Challenge although I did a few extra blocks here and there.  I used 6" foundations from the Fat Quarter Shop and can't say enough about how great those are.  I even got to like paper piecing through this project.  Making a few blocks each month helped me avoid the boredom of taking the papers out.



I also showed a purple Floating Stars quilt made with blocks I won in a guild Block of the Month raffle.  Not all the blocks were the required 12.5" - some people misunderstood the term "finished size" and cut their blocks down to 12".  I had to add some coping strips to quite a few, but it all turned out just fine.  I will quilt this soon to give to my friend Jane for her homeless shelter project.



Today I'm going to try to get more Hunter's Star blocks put together.  That will make 5 quilts waiting to be quilted.   These will be nice projects for hot days when I can crank up the AC in my sewing room.

No comments: