Monday, April 24, 2023

Taking my time

 Having spent many months working on the scrappy Hunter's Star quilt, I am now in the throes of putting the 49 blocks together.   The resulting quilt will measure about 84" x 84".  Should it have a border?  That remains to be seen.  I shuffled those blocks around and around until they found their final lay out.   I even sewed two rows together today.  I won't hurry with this, though, as I'm really tired of it.  I went to Joann's today and bought some nice backing fabric, and, if I'm ready and have time on Thursday, I'll take the top and back to Marie for quilting.  If not, next week will be fine, too.

Over the weekend, I made some blocks of the month.  In each case, I made one to keep and one to enter into a raffle.  The "garlic knot" block is 12" and one will go with me to the Green Mountain Quilters Guild meeting May 6.  


This block, for the Heart of Vermont Guild, seemed a little complex but really turned out great.  Hope I win the raffle!


I spent most of yesterday - when it rained hard much of the day - working on scrappy blocks - first, some string blocks, and then some black and white squares with bright centers for a baby quilt.  We were under a slight drought, but I bet it is all over.  The grass is turning a beautiful green today.

No comments: