Saturday, May 13, 2023

Happy Mothers Day!

Technically, it's Mothers Day Eve, but we are celebrating today with a concert at the library.  The Friends of the Library hold a concert every year in memory of Christine, our late president who loved to play the piano and sing.  "Piano Jim" will be our performer this afternoon and will help us draw a winner for our pie raffle.

Meanwhile, I'm making roasted potato salad for tomorrow.  This is my first time trying this.  I hate to skin the cooked potatoes while they're hot.  This way, they are already skinned and seasoned, and I can cool them before dressing.  I find potato salad tastes better made a day ahead.

Tomorrow I'll make a fruit salad and some oven-fried chicken because it appears our grill doesn't want to work.  We need my son Chris to figure out what's wrong.  I hope it's just that it's out of gas and not something that requires our dumping the old grill and getting a new one.  I love summer cooking when Paul grills and I make salads ahead of time.  Then I can sit on the porch and watch him cook while I have a glass of wine.

Chris will join us for lunch tomorrow and help me spread mulch around the garden at the back of the house.   We're expecting the house will be pressure washed this coming week, so I haven't done a lot of planting outside so far.  This week I'll get flowers for various planters and window boxes as well as a few to tuck in here and there among the perennials.  I'll also start quilting on my Arboretum quilt.

No comments: