Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Miscellany

Sometimes, after finishing a relatively big project, I just have to work on miscellaneous projects to "cleanse my palate."  Yesterday was one of those days.  I sewed leftover batting together and have enough for a future small quilt and also the Arboretum quilt top that's been waiting in the closet for quilting.  I also made a few quilted hearts for distribution here and there in the town forest whenever I get there for a hike.  I need to attach some embellishments and ribbon for hanging on those.  I also need to stitch down the binding on the reversible baby quilt and hope to get started on that today.  

I also went to Walmart for some more hosta to put in a shady spot in the yard and picked up some corms for planting.  One of the bags reads "Patio Peony," and I have just the planter for it.  Peonies need full sun, and the sunniest place around our house is the driveway, so that's where it will go.   Eventually, I'll have some geraniums and some other flowers out there, too.

My mom sent me a lovely solar lantern (photo copied from website) for Mothers' Day, and I hung it up by the back porch along with the smaller lanterns Cindy sent me.  They are all charged up now, but I won't light them every night as, together, they are quite bright.  They will be very nice if/when we sit out in the evening.   

Mom and I had to laugh to find we were each sending the other a gift from the same place - Wind & Weather - to be hung outside.  I opened mine immediately, but she's waiting until Sunday to open hers.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had not heard of "Wind and Weather" I will look that is a pretty light