Friday, May 19, 2023

Socks!

 


I heaved a huge sigh of relief at finishing sock #2 today.  I'm not sure I'll ever make another pair.  I started sock #1 in the fall, finished in January and then started on sock #2, using 4 size 2 needles.  I love the yarn (Patons sock yarn), but I would rather not have to think so hard as I'm knitting.  I like to finish sooner than every six months (or more!).

Today I cast on 104 stitches onto size 7 needles to make a hat, and I'm much happier with that.  Sure, I'll have to think while shaping the top of the head, but otherwise, I am free.  I'm using Brava Speckled yarn from Knit Picks (color - cake pop), and it's working out really cute.  This will be for "Bags of Love," for kids in foster care.  I have three more skeins of the speckled yarn that should keep me busy all summer.

No comments: