Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Gift quilts

I have so many quilts and only two beds.  We use quilts in the living room, too, while watching TV or reading.  I rotate the one on the beds frequently.  Yesterday, when our power was out for 7 hours after a sloppy wet snow storm, we both hunkered down under our quilts to read.  

Whenever I can, I like to share my quilts with others in need.  This year I sent quilts to various charities and individuals such as fire victims on Maui, the local homeless shelter (Jane Austen at Home and the Bonnie Hunter mystery at left), my cousin undergoing chemo, and children moving to foster care.

Recently, a high school friend began living in a senior care facility.  He's been a good friend to me all my life, offering free legal and other encouragement over the years.  I am sure George and his wife Susie must have made this decision with difficulty.  We are all getting older and face tough decisions.  I went thought my stash of quilts and thought Bonnie Hunter's Dancing Nine Patch would be just the thing to make his space more homey.  While I tend to gravitate toward making floral quilts, seeing this picture tells me I need to create a few more that appeal to men.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have given a lot haven't you - that is a lot of postage with sending quilts all over the place.
Hope your friend can get used to that narrow bed - I'd be afraid of falling off!