Thursday, November 9, 2023

My old friend, Dear Jane

This week I'm happy to be back working on Dear Jane, starting with block #D-1.  I was pleased to find that I have made 36 blocks so far this year.  Of course, there are 108 left to make!  And then there is the triangle border, although at this point, I doubt if I'll make them.   

I really enjoy the challenge of making my own pattern for each block.  Sometimes that's frustrating, but other times, it works well.  There are a couple of websites with foundation piecing directions for individual blocks, but some of them just haven't worked out well for me.  

I'm learning to fuse the little bits rather than struggle with applique, with varying results.   I did hand applique block D-9 today with all the lights on in the living room.  It was pretty gloomy outside because it started snowing about 6:30 am and looked really pretty.  After it started warming up, it stayed gloomy and the roads got pretty slushy.   Winter's here!

Tonight, I'm going to try making a broccoli quiche with a potato crust.  Chris came over last week with a large box of potatoes that he'd grown.   I'm busy looking for recipes and hope they keep indoors OK.  The garage is too cold, and the house too warm except in the kitchen.   Potato soup or corn chowder may be next.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

did you make another Dear Jane some years ago I was thinking you had made one back when I made my two