Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Precious Ramotswe


I think I have read all 24 of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books, and I just started #25.  There is something so comforting about checking in with Precious and the gang when outside it's Stick Season and gloomy.  While the stories are simple and the writing so repetitious that I want to scream sometimes, I do like her wit and wisdom.  

Yesterday I cut out more flowers for the collage quilt and found I need even more.  I'm awfully glad Marie suggested putting some light blues behind the flowers to fill in gaps, too.  Today I'll move The Beast from the ironing board so I can do a little more fusing.  I may sew a little with my machine.  I haven't touched Dear Jane since June.

I know the collage is going to take quite a while to finish, but I really need variety in my quilting.  I'm not the kind of person to work on one project at a time.  I'm looking forward to my hand sewing group meeting Saturday - miss the fun chats we have.

The yard has been winterized.   The grill and hoses have been put away, and my bird feeder posts are ready whenever the bears finally go to sleep.  A big, noisy project is about to happen behind our house, courtesy of the power company which will be cutting down a long line of white pines that is beginning to die.  Our HOA will be replanting in the spring after the area is cleared.   Meanwhile, our backyards will be more exposed to traffic and passers-by.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

too bad about a lot of trees being removed, it takes so long for new trees to grow. I can't work on one project either. My NYB blocks are tedious at times so I'm glad I have the hexies too and the knitting. But I don't want to get back to making 7 quilt tops at once either and having to constantly clear the table off to make room for a different project. It was 80 degrees yesterday and had the windows open at night - I think today is the last warm day and then we go back to 60's/40's for awhile