Friday, November 24, 2023

Post turkey day

We had a nice Thanksgiving - just Paul, Chris and me, as we like it.  The Macy's parade was on TV twice, and we caught a bit of the dog show.  I talked with my mom and one brother, too, which is always nice.  Last weekend we went to Paul's niece Amy's for the traditional meal which was very nice.  There were six of us and 9 dogs!  I had made rolls, and Amy made most of the food.  When we had the B&B and Paul's mom was alive, we had quite a few people at our house for Thanksgiving, and Amy made the turkey even then.  But I like the lowkey way we celebrate these days, too.  

Our menu included turkey breast cooked in the crockpot, mashed potatoes (grown by Chris), peas, pumpkin bread, and apple crisp for dessert.  I thought I had a jar of gravy in the cupboard, but when I looked at the sell-by date - 2015 - I decided to pass!  The guys don't like gravy much anyway.  Today's lunch will include turkey sandwiches with cranberry mayo - yum!  And tonight?  Well, I may make a little turkey tetrazzini which I love.  

No Black Friday shopping for me today.  I will try to get packages ready to mail - how to wrap a teddy bear is my challenge - and then settle in with a little sewing.  I may begin with a little gift bag for that teddy.  Then I'd like to get a few miscellaneous blocks, including the guild BOM, made before turning my attention back to the collage quilt.  It takes up the whole guest bed in my sewing room so is a constant nag.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your smaller dinner is what I need to start to do. I just make too much even if it is less than I used to make - I'm really thinking we really don't even enjoy it as much as we used to. Have a good day. I want to get a little sewing done today.