Sunday, March 18, 2012

Not Shop Hopping... so far...

Friday was the first day of the Vermont Shop Hop, featuring 16 shops around the state.  The first couple of years, I tried to hit at least the northern shops, but now that I'm retired and have plenty of time to bomb around the state shopping (and less cash to do so), I stay home.  The good thing is that the participating shops are open on Sunday and Monday during the hop, so if I need something on those days I can run down to my LQS, A Quilters Garden

When I popped in there a few days ago, there was definitely excitement in the air.  I just needed some fat quarters for a gift basket and thread to finish my stack and whack, which is now a "flimsey."  After I finished it, I laid it on the bed to decide about quilting - do it myself?  take to Lisa?  I finally decided to defer my decision until I get the two quilts Lisa is longarming back.  But I think I will do it myself although it is twin sized, a little larger than I usually tackle.  It's a traditional layout with sashing that I can anchor before perhaps stipling the stars.  I've been looking for a 1930's print with peach in it for the back, but that can wait.  The flimsey is now hanging in the closet with two others which I will quilt myself this spring.

Friday I decided to play around with the left over stacked fabric to make pinwheels, and I have almost enough 6" blocks for a table-topper.  Oh oh... another flimsey!

No comments: