Saturday, January 4, 2020

Double Churn Dash

The sun came out on Thursday and I was able to take a picture of the Double Churn Dash throw I finished before New Year's.
These were swap blocks (I made the center and the orange one beneath it) from my international swap group this summer.  I wasn't wild about them at first, but I like the secondary pattern made by setting them block to block.  There was one extra block which I put on the back along with the signature squares.  Whoever receives this in the Friends of the Library's winter auction will enjoy looking at the swappers' names and where they live - Australia, Ontario, various states.

This particular swap group organizes a few swaps each year, and in 2020 it will be "Anything Goes."  Everyone has chosen a couple of traditional blocks to make everyone else and will receive blocks in their own color choices.  They aren't due until Sept. 30, so I will most likely work on them throughout the year, here and there.  I chose to make "Traveler" (from Pat Sloan's Splendid Sampler) and "Sawtoothed Star" blocks for everyone.  I'll be receiving purple blocks with a cream background from everyone else.

The last few days, I've been laboring over some blue and beige blocks for my Long Time Gone quilt, but I'm taking a breather today and working on a few bright green blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Hope to stick to that all year long, but it means another item for my list of UFOs and another project box or bag to shuffle around.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really enjoyed the RSC group last year and will be doing another -

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It is in fact the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 KG less than us.

(And by the way, it is not about genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they eat.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

TAP on this link to discover if this easy questionnaire can help you release your real weight loss possibilities