Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Quilt Round Up

It was a pretty busy year with trips and health issues to deal with.  Quilting is good "therapy" when times are stressful and some calm is needed.  I keep a couple of straightforward projects around for when "mindless" projects feel good and to take along to monthly Saturday guild sew-ins.  This year I've been appliqueing pink and brown melon shapes onto various 6" cream scraps.  I've made sporadic headway on what will be a small baby quilt.  I also have been cutting and sewing small tumbler shapes in Christmas scraps for something.  A table runner, maybe?  I have a printed piece of dark blue for sashiko stitching this winter, too, and thought it might end up being a center medallion for a blue and white quilt.

At any rate, I finished 14 quilts this year.  Some were in the pipeline for a while, others were made through swaps, and still more were ones I started and finished this year.  My Small World, a Jen Kingwell design, was one of the latter and now hangs in my front hall.  It's is a fun, stashbusting sampler, with really small pieces.
I'm working on another Kingwell sampler quilt in fits and starts now, and I hope to finish Long Time Gone this year.  It has some tiny pieces, too, so I've gotten hung up on the 1" logs for a bunch of Courthouse Steps blocks.

I finished the Bonnie Hunter Good Fortune mystery as well as a mystery quilt in my Tuesday night guild.  Yesterday, I mailed both of those to the Quilters Dream Batting company for their ALS giveway.  I sent a few last year and got the nicest note from a recipient.  

I do enjoy the challenge of swapping with other quilters, so always join in block robins in the Tuesday guild and belong to an online swap group with quilters around the world.  Last year I finished three quilts made with swapped blocks.  Here are my Missouri Star and Ohio Star samplers.

I'll post a photo of my Double Churn Dash quilt I finished yesterday when (if?) the sun comes out.

Besides the quilts, I made a bunch of table runners using guild swap blocks (it was a free for all and they just didn't all go together), some zipper bags, and a mountain of potholders to give as Christmas gifts along with homemade jams.  I was pleasantly surprised to sell a Christmas stocking via etsy and several table runners and Christmas stockings at my local florist/gift shop this year.  Guess I'll be making more in 2020.  Happy New Year!





2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

haven't heard of the partnership between ALS and quilters dream - sounds like a good thing!
love all you show

Blogger said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than us.

(And really, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING about "how" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

TAP this link to discover if this brief quiz can help you release your true weight loss possibilities