Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Happy swap, happy quilt

This summer I participated in a one-on-one swap organized by NQC (National Quilting C....?).  Each week they would publish two patterns for a nine block quilt, and for four weeks, I made a block for me and a block for Linda in Florida.  I made my blocks in black, white, and red, while Linda's blocks were pink and lightish green.  Linda was making two different blocks in the same fabrics.  It was really fun to receive my block each week from Linda and also to see how the blocks looked in the different color ways.  Linda was a great partner, and since she'll be moving to Denver soon, I hope to meet her in person sometime.

I set the blocks in a "Circle of Nine" pattern, based on a class I took several years ago.  I wanted to get away from the standard sashing and cornerstones setting.  It's wild but I like it.   I wish you could see it more clearly, but I really can't take an outside picture at this time of year.  The snow is too deep to stand in the yard with the camera while Paul holds it up on the porch.

I had Marie long arm quilt it in a swirly pattern, and she always does a meticulous job.  Fast and very reasonably priced, too.  I am taking another quilt to her tomorrow.

The binding on this quilt is black with small white polka dots, but I used Minnie Mouse fabric for it.  Luckily, the eyes, ears, and hands don't show that much so that you don't notice unless you look very closely.  This is my first big finish for 2020, and it feels good to empty a project box!

2 comments:

Blog27999 said...

Do this hack to drop 2 lbs of fat in 8 hours

More than 160 000 women and men are using a simple and SECRET "water hack" to burn 2 lbs each and every night while they sleep.

It's painless and it works with everybody.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Get a clear glass and fill it with water half full

2) Now follow this crazy hack

and you'll be 2 lbs lighter when you wake up!

Unknown said...

Do you understand there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your partner... that will trigger deep feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness to you deep within his heart?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, look after and guard you with all his heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Impulse

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him work better than before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

Matter of fact, triggering this mighty impulse is so mandatory to having the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You'll soon find him open his mind and heart to you in a way he haven't expressed before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.