Sunday, January 26, 2020

Swap blocks

The last few days I've been making blocks to swap with an online group.  Each person told what colorway she would like, and each person has chosen one or two blocks to make in the other people's colorways.  I chose to make Traveler (in The Splendid Sampler) and Sawtoothed Star blocks for each person.
Almost all of the blocks were made with stash, which means that I've been going through my stash and cutting 2" and 2.5" blocks for future use at the same time that I've been cutting fabric for the blocks.  This picture is a bit dark (due to a gloomy day today), but it does show the variety of colorways.  One person asked for '30's fabric, which I don't have enough of, even to make a 6" block.  So I bought a little.  The cream background is left over from last year's swap when the blocks were 20".  I bought a little too much then, but I knew I'd need cream sometime.  

The two purple ones at the right are for me, and everyone will be sending me purple blocks in their chosen patterns throughout the year.  I hate to have deadlines looming so I usually get things done fairly quickly.  We are all mailing our blocks directly to each other person, so these will go in the mail as soon as I get a few more international stamps.   The group includes quilters from Canada, Australia, and London, as well as all parts of the USA.

Next on my to-do list is the guild block of the month in jewel tones with a black background.   I'm participating in what we call a block robin and also making a monthly block or two in the same colorway so that the resulting quilt is bigger than the 18? blocks I'll receive in June.  I asked for 9" blocks to be made, so the extra blocks will help.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you understand there's a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive appeal for you buried within his heart?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, idolize and guard you with his entire heart...

12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Response

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will make him try better than before to build your relationship stronger.

As a matter of fact, fueling this influential impulse is absolutely mandatory to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will soon find him expose his soul and heart for you in such a way he never expressed before and he'll see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.