Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Decisions

I got my "block robin" blocks back on Saturday, after touring around the area with five other quilters in one of my guilds since October.  Every month, I made a block or two myself to go along with the ones others were making.  Now I need to figure out how to put them all together.
The spaces in the middle are where I plan to make three more blocks similar to the rainbow one so that the three Dresden Plate blocks become a focal point for the quilt.  I'll put that together and then figure out where all the other blocks are going and how many more I need to make.  I would like to end up with a twin-sized quilt at least.  The blocks finish at 9" and I still have about 1/2 yard plus scraps of the black background left.  To sash or not to sash?  Cornerstones? On-point or straight on?

I need to go to the quilt shop on Thurs. to give Marie my Good and Plenty II quilt to longarm.  While there, I'll look and see if they still have some of the black left.  That may well guide my decisions.  Meanwhile, I'll enjoy moving the blocks around, squaring them all up to size, and thinking about the possibilities.  

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is an interesting looking quilt!