Thursday, June 4, 2020

Works progressing

This is the sixth month of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and this month's color is, thankfully, pink.  I have lots, despite having made the Good and Plenty 2 quilt (looks like a granny square) earlier this year.  I still have to quilt that, by the way.  Anyway, here are my three blocks for the rainbow quilt.
Yesterday we did quite a few little errands, but they were all really useful.  We got rid of a month's worth of compost at the dump, delivered gardening raffle items to the library which is going to open soon (our trunk is almost empty!), and planted more flowers in the back yard.  Then I finished basting The Avenue, a Jen Kingwell pattern by Louise Papas.  I managed to do three anchoring quilting lines in the ditches and will work on more machine quilting today.  I think I'll echo quilt the "trees" and do simple straight lines in the sashing and borders.
I really like the way this quilt is turning out.  It used up a lot of my black on white/cream scraps, and I'm using white on black scraps for the binding.  I actually machine appliqued the tree trunks which was a first for me.  I think that will be it for Jen Kingwell patterns for a me for a while, although I do love the scrappiness of them.  I have quite a few UFOs still waiting in the wings.





2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have gotten a bit done! I haven't started my pink blocks for June still - I will before the end of the month for sure!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Three lovely PINK blocks for the RSC!! I'm looking forward to seeing additional progress on The Avenue. It's an intriguing pattern.