Monday, June 15, 2020

The Virtual Round Robin

Over the weekend, I finished a quilt and worked on a few others.  I'll post a picture of my rendition of Jen Kingwell's The Avenue when I get a chance to take a picture outside.  

Saturday, I met with the five other guild members who participated in this year's "block robin," to give back the bag of fabric and blocks I've had since February and to get mine back.  Everyone was pleased with their blocks.  When I got home, I laid the blocks out on the bed in the sewing room and added the blocks I'd made over the last few months.  I need to make a few more blocks for the on-point setting I'm hoping to make, but when I get it all together, I'll have a nice little quilt in bright colors with a black background.  

I have the fabric all cut out for the back of my Good and Plenty II quilt.  It's a black and pink granny square quilt that I plan to take to Marie on Thurs. for quilting, whenever she gets around to it.  I'm not in a hurry - it's been hanging in the closet for a few months anyway.  The back needs ironing and just one seam which I'll do tomorrow.

Most of Sunday was spent cutting out and sewing pinwheels out of navy and white scraps for the Virtual Round Robin I'm doing with a small group of online friends.  

Each month, we have an assignment, chosen at random, for another border.  This month's is half square triangles, which offers endless possibilities.  I was thinking about just arranging one row of HSTs at random, but then decided 4" pinwheels would be a little more informal and scrappy.  The quilt is now 32" square and I plan to I'll add a few more borders to get to bed-sized.  Each subsequent border will take longer to make as the quilt grows, but I love medallion quilts so will enjoy the challenge.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is an interesting piece!