Friday, October 8, 2021

Fall!



The fall colors are at their peak and, while the chicken pie suppers are now carry out only due to COVID, everyone is busy enjoying the season.   I made my annual apple pie last weekend, and our daily walks have been very nice, with new color showing every day.  It's foggy every morning but by mid-day it's sunny and bright.   
My neighbor made this sweet arrangement between our garages.  We are lucky she takes care of our decor as I was nursing my summer flowers for as long as I could.  They are finally all gone today when I cleaned the garage, put away all the planters, and scrubbed the house where the flowers were touching.
I have been busy making Harriet's Journey and Options blocks of the month.   Here are the HJ blocks.
I made some substitutions to avoid tiny appliqued pieces.  I have 64 blocks made now and am pondering how I'll set them.  And should I continue with the blocks of the month project or choose a few more to make before I put them together?  I have bought several yards of one of the black prints, some pink, and some white.   It's probably overkill, but I'd rather have options and some leftover fabric after I make up my mind.

In case you aren't as lucky as we are right now, here's another fall in Vermont photo - this is Paul's sister's home and island at Greenwood Lake, taken today.


1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a beautiful scene at Paul's sisters house!! gorgeous!! and you would mention apple pie - now I feel like making one - Jessica and Ciera are coming on Sunday eager to show us the new puppy they got to go along with the older dog they have - apple pie might be just the right dessert to make and Mike and I wouldn't be eating the whole thing :)