Saturday, October 16, 2021

Options and a sale

I forgot to show the three "Options" blocks for this month.  Aby Dolinger has designed a scrappy block of the month with variations, and I have made at least three blocks in a black/white/red colorway all year.  This month's blocks are "Birds in Flight," which is very appropriate.  We've heard lots of Canada geese honking away on our daily walks lately.  

I'm looking forward to putting these blocks together, although it won't be soon!  I am a little behind on my blocks of the month because I've been putting my Harriet's Journey blocks together.  Hope to get the center done today.  My pineapple blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge will just have to wait, and I'm sure I'll be doing them in 2022, too, in order to get a quilt of any size.

This morning, I received news from etsy.com that a small, fall tabletopper has sold, so I'll be packing it up and mailing it to Washington state.  

Fall colors aren't usually my thing, but I did like making these wonky flying geese with a gray-tan background.  It's Are We There Yet? from a book by Sew Kind of Wonderful and uses their mini-curve tool.  

I quilted it modern-style and am glad someone else will enjoy it.  The back is a blue sampler made with swap blocks, so it can be turned around or used as a baby quilt.  My first order of business today will be a trip to the post office.  It's a rainy, gloomy day, but it will be nice to get out of the house.  Maybe I'll stop by the bakery across the street for treats?


No comments: