Wednesday, October 13, 2021

More blocks

Aside from those yoyos, I've been working on figuring out a layout for my Harriet's Journey blocks now that I have about 64 of them.  I'm running out of focus fabric and seem to have bought an endless amount of white background fabric so far.  

What I have is draped over a bed right now, but I hope to start putting the blocks together as soon as I make some more "cobblestone" blocks using scraps of the focus fabric to serve as spacers between the blocks.  I've decided on a layout of 13 by 13 with two borders so that I end up with a quilt measuring 82.5" x 82.5".  I hope I can stretch my available fabric out to make this work!  I may have to make a couple for HJ blocks, but that will be OK.  I also have some of that lovely pink and two yards of one of the dark prints for borders and, maybe, binding.   Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm sure you will be well pleased when the quilt gets done!